Storie originali > Fantasy
Segui la storia  |       
Autore: Talesteller    28/05/2012    0 recensioni
This is my first attemp to write down an actual tale in a language who isn't the one I speak everyday.
I don't know is someone is actually going to read it, but I need opinions about my written English, and suggestions.
The most famous academy of eastern Europe is close to the final exam before the summer break, but something mysterious is going along the Academy's sumptuos corridors...
Genere: Thriller | Stato: in corso
Tipo di coppia: non specificato
Note: nessuna | Avvertimenti: nessuno
Capitoli:
 <<  
Per recensire esegui il login o registrati.
Dimensione del testo A A A
It could have gone better. He is a clever man, all of his words were said to avoid a war between the students. But he is just a puppet in Moras’ hands, if he spoke truth. And Moras is a puppet in the hands of those who are searching for the Sanctum. So he must be eliminated. Like all the others.
And I also have to find those two students who were outside Moras’ studio.
Let’s get started.
 
As he found himself caught in the waterfall of students going down the stands of the Hall, he realized he was worried.
Worried of no more seeing her, of having lost her.
He had been such an idiot, the previous night.
He should have told her where they’d have met the next day.
But why was he feeling this?
He hardly knew her.
But that was no time to wonder where she was, it was time to look for her.
He reached the exit of the hall, looked around himself but didn’t see her, so he ran towards the border of the women’s apartments.
The amount of surprised and suspicious sights he received soon became uncountable. A professor even shouted him what was he doing there.
-I am looking for a person-
-Can you tell me her name, boy?- He told her name, and watched to the confused reaction of the teacher.
-That’s no my student. Now don’t stand in our way, you’re slowing down my students- He stepped away from the entrance to the apartments and kept watching women passing by.
He was about to lose hope, when he saw a familiar face in that quickly-flowing crowd.
His heart acquired the habitual thumping fast rate.
-Matt, what’re you doing here? You risk to be banished from the Common Halls…-
-I…- There was no time to think, he just had to tell.
It was time to forget shyness –I was looking for you. Where can we meet?-
-You know where if it doesn’t rain. If it rains, in the secret room. At sunset-
The crowd dragged her inside the apartments and she disappeared.
He was about to fall on his knees.
I, who have always thought complete loneliness is a good condition for human beings, have just dated a girl who is three years older than me.
I should celebrate in some way.
 
Not much later, he was in his room, waiting for the sunset.
The words on the book lying in front of him seemed to be fading, he couldn’t read anything.
Her face in the crowd covered everything.
He closed the book and threw it away from the table, then laid on the bed.
-The outside gates have been closed…­-
Those were the words said by the vice-headmaster.
But…
Jehrard… had left before the exam!
He had left the Academy to avoid the exam session!
That meant that he was shut outside.
He had got rid of his roommate!
-Yes!- He shouted, with a fist in the air –Go searching for bitches out of this place!- At that point, other words appeared again in his head.
The night of the homicide, before the night of the homicide, she’d told him she no more wanted to see Jehrard.
Well, the events kept him away from her.
She would have been happy to hear that he was shut outside the Academy.
He looked out of the window.
The clouds were not covering the horizon, and the orange light of the setting sun shone above Calibur and the Academy.
It was time to go.
 
The place where they’d met for the first time, the only place she could have meant when she’d said “you know where”, was empty.
And the sun had already set.
His anxiety turned to another type of anxiety. It was now preoccupation.
What if the assassin had decided to eliminate the witnesses…
No.
He had to find her, at least to make sure that she was safe.
He ran straight to the terrace of the women’s apartments, even before thinking he should have doubly not been there.
He was on the rooftops, above the women’s apartments. Two serious infractions of the Academy’s laws.
He reached the roof above the terrace and approached on tiptoe, until he realized he was hearing a voice.
Her voice.
-This is a security laws violation, your words cannot change this-
-There is no security violation if I was here with someone until few seconds before you arrived! Don’t be a fool and go looking for Kaytrine Longlades-
-She should be with you right now, not until few seconds before you arrived. And now follow me please, or I’ll have to conduce you to the Vice-headmaster’s office-
-This is madness. I will not allow this- It was time to quit listening.
If he would’ve waited more, she would’ve been taken inside, probably interrogated.
Probably forced to never more leave her room.
Now that he’d met her, he wouldn’t have allowed this. He couldn’t allow an intelligent, honest person to be indicted for something she hadn’t done.
He ran towards the edge of the roof and jumped down.
-Stop there- He said, pointing at the person who was dragging her inside, a young, tall lady wearing the Academy’s uniform.
-Who are you, and… what are you doing here? Where have you arrived from?-
-I was guilty of something, I recognise. But she isn’t, so let her go now. She wasn’t alone, I was with her all the time.
-How can this be, you’re not allowed to be here…-
-I’m not allowed inside the women’s apartments, I was above the women’s apartment. And I’ve never lost eye contact with her, so let her go and lead me to the Vice-headmaster’s apartment- She was staring at him, clearly amazed from his words.
-What…-
-Just don’t say a word, we both know that what I’m saying is true. What are you waiting for, overseer? Let her go, you’ll have the chance to interrogate someone who was guilty of something-
Clearly confused, the overseer let her wrist go.
-I cannot simply lead you across the women’s apartments…-
-Put a black hood on my head, or cover my eyes. Oh, gods of all times, is that such a serious business? We are humans. It is part of our natural instinct to search for a partner in the other sex. What’s the problem if I go thru the women’s apartments under you surveillance?-
-Well, then… just… follow me- The overseer entered the glass door and blocked inside, waiting for him.
-Why…- She started saying, just as confused as the overseer.
-I couldn’t sit there watching an innocent person being changed for an assassin-
-Will I ever meet you again?-
-If you still like thinking watching the sunset, you will. I cannot tell you when, but we’ll meet again. I usually don’t…-
-What?-
-Nothing. There may be no other saviours for you, so please try not to be alone one more time-
-I will-
-Come on, Saviour, there’s an interrogatory waiting for you- Without another word, he entered the women’s apartments and the overseer slammed the door behind him without closing it.
She watched him running behind that woman until a turn in the corridor.
  
Leggi le 0 recensioni
Segui la storia  |        |  Torna su
Cosa pensi della storia?
Per recensire esegui il login oppure registrati.
Capitoli:
 <<  
Torna indietro / Vai alla categoria: Storie originali > Fantasy / Vai alla pagina dell'autore: Talesteller